Sauzis adventures in the Sword Coast on picturesque display!

From the late, great studio that brought us together
D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 am

new year, new image:

Where were you phasing?!
in this picturesque display you see my latest endeavours, a no-raising game, in which i managed to tag Imoen along all trough to the Candlekeep Cats, where a group of Phase Spiders insisted on dimension dooring way up north to catch a still-held-from-the-last-group Imoen unawares. Note that Xzar and Monty died near Tarnesh, the FAI bounty hunter, Jaheira got killed by Bassilus and Khalid lasted until a Magic Missile from the guards of the Cloakwood Mines.
and if you're wondering, Ajantis died on his way to Beregost, Garrick fell when fleeing Cloakwood and Kagain was murdered by Khalid under influence of a confusion

"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 am

D. Sauzi wrote:and if you're wondering, Ajantis died on his way to Beregost, Garrick fell when fleeing Cloakwood and Kagain was murdered by Khalid under influence of a confusion
Sounds like a fun kind of game. :)

Might only work in BG1 though, as you have a lot of "expendable" party members.
A dyslexic walks into a bra...

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Hmmyes, 15 and 25 is a big difference, and then theres also the difference in levels, which makes BG2 a lot more lethal, mainly because it is expected to have your cleric about raising friends.

However, i do have the feeling this kind of game has a learning curve, and should i start again i would not end up using pretty much everyone in the game (iirc, i have three spare characters left on top of my party, after leaving the Candlekeep Cats).
For instance i had Garrick die needlessly while fleeing, Imoen above was a matter of pacing, if i went about it slower she wouldnt have died, Minsc killed Eldoth in the dryads area because i spotted to late that his charm wore off while Eldoths hadnt, stuff like that.

Another point btw, is that i am used to linking BG1 and 2 by now, so i will prolly not start a BG2 game this way, and as such have some spare members i take with me into BG2 (i will shadowkeep them in), and it also keeps upping the ante nicely.

Here's another wonderful image of that latest campaign, in which you can see a confused Khalid killing his held tank partner Kagain, just before Garrick manages to cast an invisibility on him. The round before Bassilus killed Jaheira and went down himself to the confused Khalid as well.

note, link to image just before -> click and if you are interested in the AAR of course read it in that thread on the last page, where i had my usual monologue with clickies about it.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:23 pm

This week on display: (same game) The two Dukes in the Palace are being kept from killing themselves on greater dopplegangers, courtesy of two of Dynaheirs Otiluke Resilient Spheres.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:41 am

In this astonishing piece in week six of the international year of natural fibers we see the bardic heroine Hendrika the Eighth in her endeavour to slay Prat. While her dwarf companion has just fled in fear her elven mate slew her adversary, albeit confused.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Behold the stimuli of this sevenday, in which a summoner party crits the great Thaxll'ssillyia to the ground.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:07 am

D. Sauzi wrote:Behold the stimuli of this sevenday, in which a summoner party crits the great Thaxll'ssillyia to the ground.
How the mighty have fallen, brought down by cannon fodder! :shock:

Jan
Title: The 6th Non-Sense

Post by Jan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:22 am

So the game is playing itself now and your presence is just ornamental, nice pics from the BG "The Movie" though.. :wink:

Too bad the xp isn't shared equally between all members of the party including summoned creatures.. 45 exp each is a fair trade. :twisted:

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 am

In this incredible edition we view another episode of the Janmanden-titled BG "The Movie". Displayed is the Bottle Efreeti who has seldomly seen such a nice opportunity for his lightning bolt spell.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:18 am

Lighning Bolt, Aganazzars (sp?) scorcher, whatever :shock:

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:58 pm

A few less colours this week as we move on to a more intricate display of the summoner campaign, performing bird magic along the way of course.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 pm

In this fabulous week we behold a summoning display gone awry.

Gorth
Patron
Patron

Post by Gorth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:51 pm

heh, I usually fry all her pets with a single fireball. My party will survive a bit of heat, all her poisonous minions wont :P

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:29 am

Just in time, this week we direct our attention to a Pit Fiend set loose to a pack of Mind Flayers.

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:18 am

Weekly stimuli provide a long-lived-lightning-bolt