All drow IWD2 party?

From the late, great studio that brought us together
D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Hehe, summoning, yes, that should work, i did a summoner party in bg2 up till the white dragon, worked pretty okay. Must admit it was one of every caster race, not restricted to druids. I believe the wizards were the more powerful summoners, with amongst other mordenkainens sword. MERL tried this as well and finished bg2 with it, going a bit faster around the world than me. I though it a bit of a hassle too though, putting up all the summons, buffing them and sending them in takes quite some time.
The druid didnt réally help out in that party iirc, they had a polar bear spell that worked extremely well, but that seemed to be due to some tweakpack, it felt like cheating. Some elementals were useful.

Looking trough the spell list i missed some important ones, especially Woodland Being was a standard cast for that summoner party, being one of the few caster summons (along with efreeti i think). They were the summons only source of healing, and especially charming. I believe i also cast a few of those insect summons spells, which work great against casters.

If you would try that Heart iof Fury mode though (which i never did) summons should become a staple tactic.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:02 pm

I did live on summoning in BG to on my Avenger Druid, he was really bad so I had to summon my way through most battles until first battle with Irenicus, then I never played again cause it did not work and seeingt my stupid neighbour load my file and win over Irenicus to get to the last part of the game made me go nuts.

The woodland being is rather good early on for healing and of course the charm! ;) hehe.

So summoning always been used in the IE games from my side. It seems like that extra fighter I need. BG1...oh no summon limit! Heh!

And correction down there, I Didnt give em high dex in BG but in IWD2 :) CORRECTION! High dex in both of em, and high dex with plate in IWD2 is useless :)

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am

a second mage (wizard or sorcerer) definitely. That way you can put everyone's spell resistance to better use

Marcus
Title: Mr Biased Grumpus

Post by Marcus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm

AH one more for the buffs you mean? In case of the spells jumping of them?

Runenklinge

Post by Runenklinge » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:47 pm

no, not buffs, but area damage spells.
Since the game is easy as crap in normal mode you don't have to worry about that anyways. But in HOF, anyone sucks except for the mages because of the massive monster HPs/ACs/damage. Since you have only drow, your mages can throw fireballs etc. around without getting hurt.

You could have something like this:

Fighter
Cleric
Rogue(1)/ Wizard(X)
Sorcerer

drop the fighter for another sorcerer in case of extreme powergaming