Blazing Zion

Creative arts of all kinds, produced and consumed
Baley

Blazing Zion

Post by Baley » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:16 pm

Blazing Zion

I saw the hills of Zion ablaze. I saw and wept, I saw destiny before me, I saw it all in but a passing second. Fire the purifier! Fire the holy! Fire the righteous! Peace! Peace! War! Death! Starvation! Salvation!

God spoke unto me, God told me to kill, She told me to erase existence. I had to comply, we are nothing without God. Prophets are simple-minded pawns! Death! Holy Death! Holy Fire the Righteous Purifier! God is holy! Dirt inside, outside, everywhere, everything is dirty, droll, gross humourless men with swords and spears and guns and bombs!

I saw the hills of Zion ablaze! I walked inside the temple of Solomon, where virgins whispered their golden parables, I smiled at the women, what women they were, brown eyes, brown hair, brown skin, brown face.

"The Hills are burning! Come to me! Salvation! God! Me! You! Togetherness!"

They laughed, they laughed, my life, my life, the hills were burning, they laughed. Had they no eyes? Had they no minds? Had they no souls inside?

I walked away, silently trembling into the night, I walked next to my shadow, creeping besides the walls of Jerusalem. Sinners! Sinners? Sinners? Had they no shame? I must protect the pure. I must protect the holy, holy fire purifier of Adam, holy fire purifier of God. Purify. Purify. Purify.

God spoke unto me. She mocked me. She told me I had failed. She told me I was useless. She kissed my forehead. She jumped inside me, surfing on intestinal waves. Fire the purifier burning inside, fire the purifier burning outside.

I saw the hills of Zion ablaze! I saw the headless men of Rome bowing to the one true God, I saw the corpse of Plato sucking on God's gargantuan boob. I laughed. I kicked and screamed. I howled at the moon and the sun and the stars above my head, I jumped and crawled, I shouted at the prophets that came before me. I heard the words of Moses on the mountains of Sinai. I hugged and fondled the virgin skeletons of Amazon. I stood in front of the Gates of Oblivion and stared at the tormented fools, devilish games on human skulls, ping pong, ping pong, Solomon the wise on his throne of fire, fire the purifier, hire the holy, fire the righteous.

He spoke unto me.

"Hey you there! Can you, I dunno, give me a hand? I need to go to the privy, it's not far, not far at all, just for a few minutes, nothing much."

I pointed and laughed, middle finger vertically rising, rising to the challenge.

"No! No! No! Burn sinner! Burn! Burn! Burn!'

He rolled his eyes.

"Look it's not hard, think for a second."

I did.

The Void! Nothingness! Infinity! No stars above, no soul inside, no hell downward, no heaven upward, no men to mar, no children to cry, no virgins to reshape, nothing, just peace.

This is 10 days old. Which is, stylistically speaking, old. But there aren't that many things on this hard-drive worthy of posting.
Perhaps I could translate something from Romanian, I have this award-winning ( it's a diploma actually) letter. But it's incredibly pretentious.

Any comments?

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:21 pm

Sorry I missed this one Baley. I didn't even notice it until you posted your poem.

As for feedback, on a technical level, I'll say the same as I said for your other piece: a lot of your commas should be replaced with periods as the thoughts are actually complete sentences.

Theme-wise, I'm still very much intrigued/fascinated with your views considering your relatively young age. And that's intended as a compliment btw.

Baley

Post by Baley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:44 pm

These are out of control works, when my mind is truly free of my conscience, the ones I've posted were during sleep deprivation periods, when I wasn't even looking at the screen, just letting my fingers and thoughts work together, hitting the keys as fast as they could, heh, I'm not sure about the alcohol imbibed works, I mean I'm not sure I'll ever post them, they're[/] different.

Oh, is there a way to center the text using the board software?*

*Note, that I am technologically retarded, but some would surely say that my retardedness(not even a word?) is much more varied.