From the late, great studio that brought us together
Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:48 am

Agreed. I'm also keen on the "No XP Cap"

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:57 am

You're optimistic aren't you?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor
Title: Metal Head

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:01 am

We can do that. :-)
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Joseph
Editor
Editor
Title: I wanna be Captain Kirk

Post by Joseph » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:21 am

Do what?

His suggestions? Mine? All of the above?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:10 pm

All of the above. Also, are we going to be using teamspeak?
His twisted mind concluded that if he was what he ate, and he wanted to stay human...

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:16 pm

What's teamspeak?

By the way, did you get the sound files I emailed?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:19 pm

Teamspeak allows players to use a microphone to speak to other players, rather than typing.
http://www.teamspeak.org/

No, I didn't receive the files you sent.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:24 pm

I don't have a microphone, so I'll be typing.

Hm. I'll have to try again I guess. My email is a bit wonky sometimes.
Edit: I can't get the file to send, it keeps timing out. So here's a link to the download http://www.merrymeet.com/voxpopuli/algernon.zip

This site, http://www.merrymeet.com/voxpopuli has fantastic voice sets by the way. There's not many, but they're all excellent.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:20 pm

You should send a PM to all interested players with your IP, the session name and password.
Did we decide on what settings for frame rate and pathfinding to use?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:23 pm

I'm on a dynamic IP and I don't think we figured out those options.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:24 pm

Dynamic IP? Oh, does that mean it changes on a regular basis?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Uh-huh. So, what I was thinking is that I'll create a simple webpage and all the information/downloads will be on there every monday. The IP will be up an hour before the game starts.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:27 pm

That's a good idea.
Did you download my voice pack?

AngryKidJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AngryKidJoe » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:29 pm

Yeah. I like the voice pack I'm using at the moment. It just didn't fit with my assassin. I'll end up using it for a Mage in the next few weeks.

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm

crazy.joe wrote:Yeah. I like the voice pack I'm using at the moment. It just didn't fit with my assassin. I'll end up using it for a Mage in the next few weeks.
It ("Algernon") is the one I'll be using for my character in this game.

There's a Drow one that's pretty good at http://dl.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?bgch ... m-drow.zip