3e Campaign- actual campaign thread

Online role playing, nerdy, not naughty
Aragorn, son of Arathorn

3e Campaign- actual campaign thread

Post by Aragorn, son of Arathorn » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:56 am

you are in the kingdom of Candar, at a town known as Weevett. You arrived on ship (it is a coastal town) and are here because the great and almighty wizard Elminster sent you here. You are just outside of Weevett, a well-organized town with two main streets that intersect in the center. As you look over the one-story wooden houses, you see large buildings that look like warehouses. The whole town is bustling with trade, most of it legal. What do you do?

(Edited by Ewen: i tried to put all the info in here in some coherent manner)
"I'd say this is gonna hurt me more than it's gonna hurt you, but I don't like to lie."
-Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho

If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

No one is listening until you break wind.

ImOnWagner
Title: Sharthead

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:02 am

Korotal, suspicious of citys, keeps his hand close to his bow on his right hip and arrows on his left, eyeing all who pass by suspiciously
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:26 am

Blade-Of-Grass steps off the boat, and makes his way through the docks, keeping an eye out for suspicious activity, yet keeps to himself, ignoring and verbal jabs or taunts that may be directed at his small stature.
Upon reaching the central cross-roads, he leans on his staff and surveys the prosaic townscape, and wonders why he has been sent here, and what could possibly be here that matters to him.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

Barren

Post by Barren » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:34 am

*The musician starts asking people where Elminster might be found, starting by the people who traveled with him on the ship.*
[url=http://forums.ashfordcity.net]Ashford City[/url] - What do you know, the link is no longer working.

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:45 am

adresses whoever from the group is around her in genral

"lets go find somewhere where we can get some idea of what's with this place"
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:07 pm

Biscuit Bobby comes down from the boat we arrived on with a smile on his stubbly face, "ah seeing the land again, good to be back on land, let's get us a nice ale and a fresh meal somewhere, i've had it with the beans and dried meat"

looks around on the docks to see if there's any runners or townsmen who might give them direction.
if so, he picks one out, preferably someone who seems to be on sea more often too, and asks him whether he knows some good places for a meal, a women, a bed and or a drink.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

Ewen Brown
Location: stalking tink to catch his invisible martian antenas at work

Post by Ewen Brown » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:56 pm

"i like your way of thinking Bob"

*goes about with Bob*
stupidity causes violence

[url=http://www.winterwind-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3071#3071]Swedish Snow Glaciers and Fjords[/url]

Phosphor
Location: it's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma. baked with a fluffy crust of wtf?

Post by Phosphor » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:57 pm

Ewen Brown wrote:adresses whoever from the group is around her in genral

"lets go find somewhere where we can get some idea of what's with this place"
Blade-Of-Grass sagely nods his head. "I agree. While I feel Bobby's motives to be suspect, I believe his desire to find a tavern is a good choice. We may find some information there to point us in a worthwhile direction."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Korotal follows still cautious

(sorry bout the lack of personality, i just wanted to try a personalityless one for once)
Warning: The post you just read may contain little to no content, by reading this you hereby agree that it was read it at your sole discretion.

Barren

Post by Barren » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:49 pm

"Well, I like your methods. Mind if I tag along?"
[url=http://forums.ashfordcity.net]Ashford City[/url] - What do you know, the link is no longer working.

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:04 pm

korotal pats the musician on the shoulder and nods twards the direction of the tavern, with a smile, to signify that he could come along

MERLANCE
Title: Sorceror Supreme

Post by MERLANCE » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:22 pm

*Kakita Komaru steps off the boat, and surveys the immediate area. Seeing the other adventurers gathering, he walks over to them.*

D. Sauzi

Post by D. Sauzi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:50 pm

-biscuit bobby-
well it seems we're all gathered around here, i see that the silent Korotal fellow isnt with us, but he sees us good enough, i'll suppose he'll be able to follow us to where we go. *searches for eye contact with Karotal, and gestures him to follow when we leave*.

(hmmz or did Korotal wander over to the musician (being Jin) and already standing with us?)

anyway, if i can with gatinf or dipl i'd like to know what the major sights are in this city, like churches, smithys, taverns, wizards towers, etcetera.
"anyway, smoke orcs if so take eyes if right points left xy."

ImOnWagner

Post by ImOnWagner » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:29 pm

Korotal returns to biscuit bobby and the group (i do wander around dont i)

Phosphor

Post by Phosphor » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:35 pm

MERLANCE wrote:*Kakita Komaru steps off the boat, and surveys the immediate area. Seeing the other adventurers gathering, he walks over to them.*
Blade-Of-Grass sees the Samurai and approaches.
"You are a Samurai, I have heard of your kind. A man of honour. It is a privilege to be in your company" and bows his head. "We would do well to remain together in this, I believe."